Senior Program Director at Rural LISC
PRP Board Member
Community revitalization efforts in rural America provide the best results when a holistic, strategic approach is implemented. It takes multiple agencies with varying talents, skills and resources to create that 360-degree look at the community and its needs. One resource to assist comprehensive revitalization efforts is The Institute For Comprehensive Community Development.
The Institute is a place where the community development field can take what it learns from practice and use it as a base from which to provide training, to promote research in comprehensive community development, and to investigate the public policies that would best advance this work locally and nationally. The Institute is the locus where practice and theory meet, and where experimentation and innovation – grounded in real-world
experience – flourish.
The Institute helps by:
• Building the capacity of community development practitioners;
• Providing on-site support and technical assistance to comprehensive community development initiatives in cities across the U.S.;
• Applying lessons learned through research and performance evaluation to continually improve on-going comprehensive community development initiatives and to develop new initiatives;
• Supporting the development of public policies which integrate government programs in order to effectively facilitate and support comprehensive community development;
• Communicating broadly the best there is in practice and theory in the field of community development.
Find The Institute at http://www.instituteccd.org/index.html
Joe Yarzebinski can be reached at JYarzebinski@lisc.org